--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP>
Early on in my adventure with Waking Down
> I did have some really flashy experiences (e.g., green plants now
> look almost psychedelically vivid to me), but they now strike me as
> inconsequential compared to awareness of that silent witness.
>
> I think a lot of seekers are really just looking for the flash, but I
> have a strong feeling that all that flashy stuff is nothing more than
> recreational, human nervous system tricks... subtle mind-body as
> playground. Sure, it's fun and entertaining, but is it truly and
> deeply spiritual? I don't think so.

***
Maybe every experience has its valid place and time. Are the
experiences had by the local rabbits and box elder bugs
inconsequential? Are flashy experiences along the spiritual path that
serve as an incentive inconsequential? OK, maybe in comparison with
what comes later.

You are describing a transition in understanding/experience that is
taking place for you. It sounds good. Those of us who studied with
Maharishi would say you are having a taste of CC. What would the
Waking Down folks say to that? Just for the sake of discussion, let's
suppose it's a taste of CC. We were all taught that further growth
involves refinement of the senses and expansion of the heart to
universal status. Let's see, refinement of the
senses...wouldn't "green plants now look almost psychedelically vivid
to me" be in that direction? (that is, assuming you are not talking
about taking some recreational drug or other ;-)