Neal was the chap who when I passed via Seelisberg to Canada  refused
to let me listen to any recent videos of Maharishi in my room (after I
had been promised the facility) because I had a beard. He said he was
happy to support Maharishi's rules 100%. I had waited three days for
the equipment and finally barged into the 108 room in the Hotel Kulm
to speak to him. I then told him the world was a big place and there
was much to do it in it other than hang round waiting and he could
have made it plain to me at the beginning.

>From the auto route  I phoned Maharishi and he laughed heartily saying
I could go to Canada as their National Leader instead of as a bearded
philosopher. I declined and said it would only  put their noses out of
joint. He tried to persuade me to get Ingrid to do her MA at MIU
instead of Canada and said he was "surprised at me following a woman".
I said sometimes the longest way round is the quickest way home and
after a detour I might yet get back.

I thought Neal was a prick.