> From: Blaine Watson
>
> An eclipse in jyotish is considered inauspicious
> and is something to be avoided ...
>
> Draw your curtains. Say inside and do not allow the shadow
> to be seen and especially do not let the shadow touch you.
> We should not eat or drink anything while an eclipse is going on.
> It is a good time to meditate.

youtube: excellent jyotish perspective on tonights lunar eclipse

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZwPvPEXnkQ

brief overview (the video has much more):

The Moon will be eclipsed in the Sign of Leo today.
It will join Saturn and the South Node there.

This eclipse brings a time to psychologically assess
our deep commitments, and adjust if necessary to
the pressures we have been feeling in these areas.

There is a lot of potential power that is looking for release --
this eclipse represents a sort of breaking point in this
Saturn/Ketu conjunction.

Truthful identity must be served. It is a catalyst for
positive change ... or deeper stasis -- you get to decide!

by: Sam Geppi, Vedic Astrologer in San Francisco
http://vedicastrologycenter.net/astrologyreading.html