--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > >through
> > > American History.
> > >
> > > The story often seems to turn on the shakti of the spiritual
> > >practice
> > > and the character of the founder-teacher how quick things
>become
> > > doctrinal either rigid, stale or authoritarian.  Blake has a
>good
> > > point in making the observation though.  People everywhere have
> > > pretty good sense of whether there is shakti and they will walk
> on
> > >away
> > > pretty quick whence shakti drops out of a group.  It is a
>common
> > > sense.  That becomes a lesson in history when you look at it
>that
> > >way.
> > >159652
> > > -Doug in FF

"We know the truth when we see it, let skeptic or scoffer say what
they choose. Foolish people ask you, when you have spoken what they
do not wish to hear, "How do you know it is the truth, and not an
error of your own?" We know the truth when we see it, from opinion,
as we know when we are awake that we are awake." ("The Over-Soul")
-Emerson

> > Doug writing:
> > Watching people here with the different spiritual groups, there
is a
> > shakti or a spiritual energy meter that people do run for
> > themselves. Is the experience in FF that people have of their own
> > experience with it. They are practiced at metering shakti. They
> > meter it & rate it. The Shakti meter, a different meter from the
BS
> > meter.
>
> Lot of people here have their experience with it and know their
> experience.
>
> "We know the truth when we see it, let skeptic or scoffer say what
> they choose.  Foolish people ask you, when you have spoken what
they
> do not wish to hear, "How do you know it is the truth, and not an
> error of your own?"  We know the truth when we see it, from
opinion,
> as we know when we are awake that we are awake." ("The Over-Soul")
> -Emerson
>

> > FF folks after 20, 30 and 40 years of spiritual practice(s) have
> > their own experience with it and they certainly do meter shakti
> > accordingly. Between the different venues available they
definitely
> > flow back and forth depending on the spiritual experience. It is
the
> > collective FF experience & there is a lot of cultivated shakti in
> > Fairfield. If there is not shakti in a venue then folks go on to
the
> > next one here where the spiritual energy is better. It is just the
> > experience here.
> >
> > Fairfield Directory of Active Spiritual Practice Groups:

> both
> > >
> > > Angela, that is okay.  Yet, Blake's point does make for a good
> > avenue
> > > in comparison criticism about succession in spiritual practice
> > > movements.    A lot has happened after Blake for comparison.
> > >     >According to William Blake, movements always end like this-
-
> > > stale, authoritarian, rigid.<
> > >

> > > Of course this is interesting & relevant if only because the
> > > TMmovement we live with here has an aged founder.
> > >
> > > Nothing new under the sun, as they say.  Succession in
spiritual
> > > movements ain't a new thing.  Is interesting and may be useful
> > > look at how others have weathered it.  Towards that end I spent
> > > week last summer living inside an old Shaker community studying
> > their
> > > experience particularly with succession.  Like with the
Quakers,
> > > their story of succession, splintering and separation is so
well
> > > written about and recorded by first hand voices.  Others too
> > through
> > > Am. History.
> > >
> > > The story often seems to turn on the shakti of the spiritual
> > practice
> > > and the character of the founder-teacher how quick things
become
> > > doctrinal either rigid, stale or authoritarian.  Blake has a
good
> > > point in making the observation though.  People everywhere have
> > > pretty good sense of whether there is shakti and they will walk
> on
> > > pretty quick whence shakti drops out of a group.  It is a
common
> > > sense.  That becomes a lesson in history when you look at it
that
> > way.
> > >
> > > -Doug in FF

> > has