Many Indians, if religious, just do a puja in the morning (often brief)
or rely on going to a temple every so once in a while.   Some learn
meditation but meditate irregularly.  Some get remedial mantras from
their guru or an astrologer and practice those for a limited time.  And
you are also right a lot of "modern" Indians are moving away from what
they feel is superstition and unfounded practices.  But they are also
ga-ga over their new found prosperity running up debt like crazy
Americans and I think India (and China) will soon feel an economic
crunch.  The beautiful thing about India was that many Indians only
worked 10 hour weeks.  Boy could we use that here. :-)