--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<ruthsimplicity@> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ruthsimplicity"
> > <ruthsimplicity@> wrote:
> >  Serious seizure
> > > disorder with control issues?  I would not be inclined to want
that
> > > person to practice the siddhis without good evidence of its
safety.

> > Love quoting myself. ;)
> >
> > Brief discussion of the possible issues regarding epilepsy and
meditation:

> > http://www.epilepsy.com/articles/ar_1150815334
> >

> "The jury is still out."
>

> However, one issue is the assumption that all meditation
techniques produce neuronal
> synchrony in the limbic system. As far as I know, the kind of
neuronal synchrony that TM
> produces isn't at all related to that traditionally associated
with seizures and its not a
> primarily limbic synchrony, IIRC.

> In fact, TM may well REDUCE activity in the limbic system anyway.

Just saw a documentary on acupuncture. According to
a placebo controlled study using a state-of-the-art
MRI scanner, a needle in the point "de qi" caused
a remarkable *deactivation* in the pain matrix of
the limbic system, which seemed like a huge surprise
to those researchers.

Playing with words, "de qi" might well be related
to "caturthaH praaNaayaamaH"* (the Chinese sure
now how to spare "letters"...) caused, at least
in my case, by basic TM-technique.

*) stambharuupo gativicchedaH (praaNasya?) - Bhoja-raaja