From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Vaj
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:59 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Technical Question - Burning DVDs

On Mar 13, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

Does anyone know how to burn the files downloadable atHYPERLINK
"http://www.oprah.com/obc_classic/webcast/archive/archive_download.jsp"http:
//www.oprah.com/obc_classic/webcast/archive/archive_download.jsp to DVD so
they can be watched on a TV?

What format are the downloaded files in? They look like iPod format (.mp4).

They are.

Do you have a particular DVD/CD burning software you use?

I have BurnAware Free Edition and Power2Go, both of which can burn DVDs, but
they don’t recognize this file format.

If the downloaded files are not as standard DVD folders and files, you will
need software which can convert them to DVD format and then burn the
resulting files. I use Toast (on the Mac)

My wife has Toast on her Mac.

or HYPERLINK "http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/"VisualHub (good, fast
and cheap). FFmpeg is an Open Source solution, but with a steeper learning
curve, although there are some versions with graphic front ends. If you own
a DVD burner, it probably came with the software you need.

My computer can burn DVDs.

If you have a video iPod, just drag the files to iTunes and synch with your
iPod--then you can play it from your iPod directly to your TV.

I have a little 4Mb iPod Nano. I guess it’s not video-capable, and I don’t
think my TV has a USB port.

Checked by AVG.
1:27 PM