--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Ed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Politicians have used this trick forever. Tie a lead to the
> statements of someone who supports him and drag them along in the
> dirt til they stop movin. Too bad the Dems didn't tie Bush to the
> Klan or the Father of the Killers of Ryan White in Laramie
> WY.

The big difference here, Mr. Ed, is that Bush wasn't a member of the
Klan nor was he associated with the killers of Ryan White.

Obama is not just associated with Wright, he has been a very
instrumental part of his life for the past 20 years apparently.

And, no, it's simply NOT going to be enough to say: I disassociate
myself from Wright and his remarks.  For goodness sake's, Obama has
been going to this guy's Church for so, so many years.  This reflects
on his judgement in a way that so seriously calls into question his
ability to be president if he could go to such a man's church for so
long and have such an influence on his life (according to Obama
himself).

The Democratic Party simply will NOT let this stand.  I would even
suspect that many, many committed Obama delegates won't vote for him
at the convention.

He's toast and Hillary is the candidate.

> .......Might not have helped. Like the Greeks once noted---what
> good is Democracy if your bread n circus oriented populace is
largely
> happily uniformed.
>
> The Right is watching the Hillary/Barack War and diggin it. I worry
> those precious few who haven't already made up their minds might
> start seeing those 'Solid Republican's' and see safety from the
chaos
> of the volatile, multifarious democrats........and now I'm
> pontificating...anyhoo.....I MISS JOHN EDWARDS! ....:) --- In
> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> >
> > If the facts in this article are true, not only will he not be
> > elected president, he won't get the nomination REGARDLESS of how
> many
> > delegates he has.

> > from: http://tinyurl.com/2xtfub
> >
> > OPINION
> >

> > Obama and the Minister
> > By RONALD KESSLER
> > March 14, 2008; Page A19
> >
> > In a sermon delivered at Howard University, Barack Obama's
longtime
> > minister, friend and adviser blamed America for starting the AIDS
> > virus, training professional killers, importing drugs and
creating
> > racist society that would never elect a black candidate president.
> >
> > The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor of Mr. Obama's Trinity
> United
> > Church of Christ in Chicago, gave the sermon at the school's
Andrew
> > Rankin Memorial Chapel in Washington on Jan. 15, 2006.
> >

> > Trinity United Church of Christ/Religion News Service
> > Sen. Barack Obama and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright
> > "We've got more black men in prison than there are in college,"
he
> > began. "Racism is alive and well. Racism is how this country was
> > founded and how this country is still run. No black man will ever
> be
> > considered for president, no matter how hard you run Jesse
> [Jackson]
> > and no black woman can ever be considered for anything outside
what
> > she can give with her body."
> >
> > Mr. Wright thundered on: "America is still the No. 1 killer in
the
> > world. . . . We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs,
the
> > exporting of guns, and the training of professional killers . . .
> We
> > bombed Cambodia, Iraq and Nicaragua, killing women and children
> while
> > trying to get public opinion turned against Castro and
> Ghadhafi . . .
> > We put [Nelson] Mandela in prison and supported apartheid the
whole
> > 27 years he was there. We believe in white supremacy and black
> > inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God."
> >
> > His voice rising, Mr. Wright said, "We supported Zionism
> shamelessly
> > while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke
out
> > against it as being anti-Semitic. . . . We care nothing about
human
> > life if the end justifies the means. . . ."
> >
> > Concluding, Mr. Wright said: "We started the AIDS virus . . . We
> are
> > only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that
Third
> > World people live in grinding poverty. . . ."
> >
> > Considering this view of America, it's not surprising that in
> > December Mr. Wright's church gave an award to Louis Farrakhan for
> > lifetime achievement. In the church magazine, Trumpet, Mr. Wright
> > spoke glowingly of the Nation of Islam leader. "His depth on
> analysis
> > [sic] when it comes to the racial ills of this nation is
astounding
> > and eye-opening," Mr. Wright said of Mr. Farrakhan. "He brings a
> > perspective that is helpful and honest."
> >
> > After Newsmax broke the story of the award to Farrakhan on Jan.
14,
> > Mr. Obama issued a statement. However, Mr. Obama ignored the main
> > point: that his minister and friend had spoken adoringly of Mr.
> > Farrakhan, and that Mr. Wright's church was behind the award to
the
> > Nation of Islam leader.
> >
> > Instead, Mr. Obama said, "I decry racism and anti-Semitism in
every
> > form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by
> > Minister Farrakhan. I assume that Trumpet magazine made its own
> > decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate
ex-
> > offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree." Trumpet
is
> > owned and produced by Mr. Wright's church out of the church's
> > offices, and Mr. Wright's daughters serve as publisher and
> executive
> > editor.
> >
> > Meeting with Jewish leaders in Cleveland on Feb. 24, Mr. Obama
> > described Mr. Wright as being like "an old uncle who sometimes
will
> > say things that I don't agree with." He rarely mentions the
points
> of
> > disagreement.
> >
> > Mr. Obama went on to explain Mr. Wright's anti-Zionist statements
> as
> > being rooted in his anger over the Jewish state's support for
South
> > Africa under its previous policy of apartheid. As with his
previous
> > claim that his church gave the award to Mr. Farrakhan because of
> his
> > work with ex-offenders, Mr. Obama appears to have made that up.
> >
> > Neither the presentation of the award nor the Trumpet article
about
> > the award mentions ex-offenders, and Mr. Wright's statements
> > denouncing Israel have not been qualified in any way. Mr. Obama
> > nonetheless told the Jewish leaders that the award to Mr.
> > Farrakhan "showed a lack of sensitivity to the Jewish community."
> > That is an understatement.
> >
> > As for Mr. Wright's repeated comments blaming America for the
9/11
> > attacks because of what Mr. Wright calls its racist and violent
> > policies, Mr. Obama has said it sounds as if the minister was
> trying
> > to be "provocative."
> >
> > Hearing Mr. Wright's venomous and paranoid denunciations of this
> > country, the vast majority of Americans would walk out. Instead,
> Mr.
> > Obama and his wife Michelle have presumably sat through numerous
> > similar sermons by Mr. Wright.
> >
> > Indeed, Mr. Obama has described Mr. Wright as his "sounding
board"
> > during the two decades he has known him. Mr. Obama has said he
> found
> > religion through the minister in the 1980s. He joined the church
in
> > 1991 and walked down the aisle in a formal commitment of faith.
> >
> > The title of Mr. Obama's bestseller "The Audacity of Hope" comes
> from
> > one of Wright's sermons. Mr. Wright is one of the first people
Mr.