--Eloquent trash!

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mantra Meditation Reveals a Hidden Agenda: Are the Gods Alive and
Well and Working Towards the 'New World Order'
>   by Bronte Baxter
>                         What I expected to see when I came back to
the Fairfield scene after 20 years away from Transcendental
Meditation was a group of mainstay meditators true-blue to Maharishi
and a group of robust dissenters, whose minds questioned everything
they learned from their guru days. Instead, I found the true-blue
meditators, but not the kind of dissenters I anticipated. I
encountered people who had left the TM movement but hadn't
substantially changed their belief system. This latter group had
changed in the way that people change hats, or redecorate their
homes, leaving unaltered the structure underneath.   The dissenters
had splintered into a myriad of Eastern or Eastern-related
philosophies: Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie and Andrew Cohen were
popular, and Neo-Advaitin gurus had rallied many behind their
minimalist philosophy. "Saints" like Ammachi visit Fairfield
regularly, dispensing dharshan and picking up new recruits.   Across
town, small groups meet in
>  "satsangs" to discuss their growing enlightenment or to chant
songs to the gods. Heated debate is common between adherents of
competing gurus, and people grow vitriolic over whether Maharishi has
slept with young women or not.   There is a smattering of hedonists
and atheists, but ex-TMers in the Fairfield circuit mostly show up
with an intact Vedic worldview. That worldview is a lens through
which they perceive and measure all gurus and reality itself.   I
find this disturbing. It's rather like people who've been swindled by
a con man, despising him for how they were treated while they
continue to invest money in the enterprise he sold them on. Why
doesn't the skepticism extend beyond the procurer, to that which he
procured for?
>                    And what did Maharishi procure for? The Vedic
gods. He sold us a meaningless word that was supposed to guide our
minds to transcend superficial consciousness. Later we learned those
meaningless words, our mantras, were names of deities. He taught us
advanced techniques with the Sanskrit word "namah" at their core: "I
bow down." Mantra meditation is a form of paying worship to those who
call themselves gods. When you scrape away all the fancy and
misleading explanations – like "meaningless sounds" and "impulses of
creative intelligence," what you get very simply is people with their
eyes closed bowing down in their minds to an assigned Hindu deity.
Of course we can explain this away using TM explanations, much like
the townsfolk explained away the emperor's nakedness using the
reasoning they were fed by the tricksters who paraded him through the
town. But the emperor has no clothes. Mantras worship the
gods. "Namah" means "bow down." It's right there on
>  the surface for anyone to see if we toss out the excuses we were
handed and look at the situation with even a shred of unbiased
observation.   Who are these gods, that we're so willing to explain
away as "impulses of our own consciousness"? The same gods have
appeared in other religions and cultures, even in societies that had
no contact with each other. They go by different names, but the
entities are the same. In Hinduism, you have Indra, god of thunder,
ruler of the gods, married to Indrani, queen of the gods, known for
her jealousy.   In Greek mythology, you have Zeus, god of thunder,
ruler of the gods, married to Hera, queen of the gods, known for her
jealousy. One-to-one correspondence like this is common. The gods are
a global phenomenon, with their imprints on every society.
Historically, the gods exacted worship and sacrifice – blood
sacrifice commonly, including the murder of humans. While Hinduism
has a history of human sacrifice, it has been reduced today to
>  worship of Kali, the goddess with her bloody tongue hanging out,
whose body is adorned with a necklace of bleeding, decapitated human
heads... Or Shiva, adorned with serpents, who dances on graves... Or
Vishnu, whom Arjuna perceived in His cosmic form with pieces of
devoured victims' flesh sticking between his teeth. These 'Gods'
appear to feed on the energy of suffering, the fearful energy of the
victim.   In one South American sacrificial ritual, a bull has his
throat slit, as slowly as possible. The reasoning given is that the
gods cherish "live blood" as the blood with the greatest energy, so
the animal must be kept alive while the blood drips from its body. In
other words, the greater the fear and suffering of the sacrificial
beast, the greater is the pleasure of the gods.   The Shrimad-
Bhagavatum, among other scriptures, explains the antipathy of the
gods for human enlightenment. According to the Vedas and the
mythology of other cultures, the gods feel threatened by
>  the human race, afraid mankind might grow as powerful as they. The
gods want humans to remain ignorant and "inferior" because if man
realized his intrinsic nature as consciousness, he would no longer be
subject to deva control.   The devas wish us to believe, and have
told us throughout scripture, that their divine hands manipulate and
guide the laws of nature – creation itself. For this reason we should
worship them, chant to them, send them our soma (subtle energy
generated in meditation). Because our energy feeds the gods and is
needed by them to stay strong and in control of this material
dimension. And they wish us to believe that their control is in our
best interest.
>                      Who would make the rains come or the sun shine
if the gods are rightful stewards of those things and we humans
didn't support them? All creation would crumble without the blessing
of the gods. That, scriptures tell us, is why we should worship,
which is equivalent to paying an energy-tithe. It's the same
reasoning human warlords use against the people they dominate: pay
your tax, because you need us; we will protect you. Don't pay the
tax, and we will punish you.   The gods threaten to punish, even
destroy mankind if he doesn't bend before their yoke and serve them.
They fulfilled that threat in the Great Flood (a story which appears
in disparate cultures) and in other visitations of divine vengeance
recorded in countless tales throughout cultural history.   But
really, who are these characters? And do they really exist? The
modern mind relegates "gods" to the overactive imaginations of pre-
civilized peoples, and in so doing, dismisses the concept. But
>  actually, deities appear in highly civilized early societies,
including Sumeria, Babylon, Greece and Egypt.   Isn't it ethnocentric
of us to suggest that civilizations capable of constructing the
pyramids or accurately charting the course of the stars for centuries
into the future, should be dismissed as childlike and ignorant when
they write of their experiences with other-worldly beings?
Archeologist Zechariah Sitchin, in his voluminous tomes, details the
countless references in ancient writings and artifacts to beings who
visited this world in fiery flying ships, who taught mankind,
interbred with humans, and set up a government of divine-right
kingship. Visiting beings who called themselves gods.   Kings were
considered "sons of the gods," connected to the deities by bloodline,
hence their right to rule. In the Mahabharata, Arjuna's mother was
said to conceive her numerous sons by intercourse with several
different deities. The first chapter of Genesis speaks of the
>  Nifilim, a giant race that interbred with early humans. In Egypt,
the pharaohs were literally "sons of the gods." We find stories of
gods interbreeding with humans to create a kingly line in Zulu
shamanism and in South American Indian lore. Time and again, in
culture after culture, the gods appear doing the same things,
demanding the same things.   Even Christianity springs from a
pantheistic tradition: Jehovah was one god among many for the
Hebrews. A self-righteous fellow fond of war and genocide, he had to
compete with the other local gods for the Hebrews'allegiance. Today,
having beat out the competition, revered as "God" by his followers,
Jehovah garners the worship not just of Jews but Protestants and
Catholics as well.   How foolish and arrogant is it to laugh off the
existence of a race of beings who appear in the annals of every
civilization? I was amazed to see ex-TMers, who spent years feeding
soma to devas through chants and mantras, whose walls are still
>  plastered with pictures of Lakshmi, Kali and Shiva, dismiss with a
toss of their head the idea that gods might exist as real persons.
Who, in truth, are the gods, and what do they want from us?
Do "deities" sit at the controls of the universe, managing the laws
of nature? Beings with such awesome power that our lives are in their
hands? Entities we must never challenge at the risk of losing all we
hold dear?   I suggest, if the gods are innately as powerful as they
purport to be, they would not need human worship to survive. They
would be self-sufficient, drawing on the Infinite within them for
every need. Instead, they tell mankind to bow down and pay tithe, and
threaten in the scriptures to destroy us if we don't. What kind of
power is it, that can't exist without feeding?   It sounds more like
psychic enslavement to me. Convince the people whose world you
contrive to control that they are powerless without you, that the
rains won't come and the sun will go dark if
>  they don't please you. Drink their soma, the positive energy of
worship, and drink their negative energy, too, when you can incite it
and siphon it off.   Feed yourself on human astral energy, whatever
the quality, and you and your race can control human life as long as
the system remains intact. Planetary farming. If anyone starts to
wake up a little, divert their efforts at spiritual independence by
luring them into mantra meditation.   Consider this quote by the
currently popular guru, Ramana Maharshi: "Repetition aloud of His
name is better than praise. Better still is its faint murmur. But the
best is repetition within the mind -- and that is meditation. Better
than such broken thought is its steady and continuous flow like the
flow of oil or of a perennial stream."   Ramana Maharshi's statement
represents mantra meditation's goal: a state where the mind is
timelessly identified with surrender to the name of one's god –
identical with the god himself.   The mind
>  itself has become self-negation at the feet of the deity. Empty of
original thought and dynamic desire, the "liberated" person's ego is
dissolved: the very thing that made him or her human. All that is
left is a mind-body shell, a meat-robot, that moves through life as a
surrendered instrument of some greater will. I suggest the greater
will is not that of the Infinite. It is the will of the god who has
taken the place of one's mind.   Does this sound like possession? It
surely appears to be. Think of all the gurus you've met with their
palpable shakti. An energy so real no one who experiences it can deny
it. What is that light in their eye, a light beyond this world? Whose
is that power they touch you with, embrace you with? Is it the shakti
of Brahman, the light of pure consciousness? Or is it the power of
Kali or one of her friends? Gurus often say they are the embodiment
of Shiva, Kali, or some other god. Why do we not take them at their
word?   I would like to suggest
>  that mantra meditation turns humans into zombies who serve the
agenda of the gods. That agenda is procurement of more humans and
more human energy. This explains the common phenomenon of
proselytizing by the religious, including fundamentalist Christians,
TMers, and disciples of other varieties.   Servants of "God" or the
gods feel a driving need to bring in more recruits. The god that
moves through them fills them with this zeal, as a hungry stomach
fills the mind with an overwhelming need to procure dinner.   There
are no gods, in the sense the gods would have us think of them. No
one has been designated by the Infinite to control creation and
administer the laws of nature. The sun shines by itself as an entity
with its own consciousness. The rain and wind don't need a god to
direct them; they move where they will in harmony with their fellow
elements. All things are children of the Infinite, spirits or egos in
their own unique right, expressing in physical form and also
>  in astral dimensions.   The 'gods' are spirits/egos like everybody
else. Most of the time they dwell on astral planes, which is why
human senses normally don't perceive them. According to ancient
records, they have visited the earth in ages past in physical forms
of their own, as entities from the stars.   They are no more divine
than a ghost, no more cosmic than you or I, and no more entitled or
intended to run the universe than any other gang of warlords might
be. Somehow they've gained control of this planet, and have held that
control at least since the beginning of recorded human history. But
that is no reason to think the Infinite wants it that way, or that
life needs to continue that way.   True empowerment is not the Indian
concept of enlightenment. It is knowing what we are and living from
there. We are spirit: individual and eternal, moving within the
consciousness of That which created, sustains and pervades all
life.   Knowing this is not difficult. It only
>  requires putting attention on that which is beneath the content of
thought. Acting from this place of empowerment is natural: we can
ordain reality from that quantum level. Everyone can do it. Everyone
is equally powerful moving and creating in the depths of their own
consciousness.   Unfortunately, people rarely do that, though, as the
mass hypnosis that governs human life convinces us that karma, fate
or the will of God runs the world, that we as individuals have little
direct control over what happens to us. The gods are the purveyors of
this global hypnosis. It serves their agenda of control.   True
liberation does not mean rising above the illusion of ourselves as
egos. It means rising above the illusion that as egos we are cut off
from the powerhouse of creation. That as individuals we are something
less than pure, eternal, powerful spirits – in our own right, very
much gods. Gods with a global case of amnesia.   The "enlightened"
have surrendered their personhood to
>  the deities who control their meditations. Their bliss is the
euphoric stupor which their appeased deities grant them as reward.
The words, the thoughts, the desires of the enlightened are not their
own any longer, but those of their controlling god. The word "zombie"
is appropriate because of its meaning as the walking dead.   But all
is not lost for such people. No one can keep the human soul enslaved
against its will. An act of personal empowerment, of willfully
recalling one's ego, must surely destroy enslavement by any
possessing entity. One can recall surrendered pieces of one's being
as a magnet can recall iron filings. Native American traditions speak
of our ability to do just this, calling back the parts of our lost
personhood.   When people cease to surrender their energy and spirit
to those who call themselves gods, the deceivers will lose their
power over this dimension. They will shrink back to "normal size,"
entities responsible for themselves like everybody
>  else.   Our world will know a freedom, creativity, harmony and joy
it has never demonstrated in its history, because interdimensional
manipulation will cease. The suffering on this planet, god-inspired
and god-feeding, will dwindle and disappear. The need to kill to eat
will no longer exist. Sickness, aging and death will have no
substructure.   Each wonderful created being – animal, human or
astral – will thrive on the power of the Infinite source within
itself, and victim/tyrant relationships, which ran the planet for
eons, will fade into thin air. Living will become what surely the
Infinite intended in Its original vision for the universe: a symphony
of minds, not a competition; a tapestry of spirits, not a hierarchy;
a garden of consciousness, not a painful struggle.   When I hear "the
enlightened" excuse all the atrocities of this world by saying that
in their exalted perception, everything is "perfect" just as it is, I
hear "fraud." The God I perceive in the depths
>  of my being is not a God who is content with fathers raping
infants, animals being ripped apart alive, or human sorrow so great
only suicide can quell it.   This kind of world is not perfect, and
anyone who sees it as such has something seriously wrong with them.
If the gods were really beneficent and powerful, they would not
operate a world that runs like this. When their mouthpieces and
procurers tell us this world is just as it should be – that shows you
the true nature of the gods.   These beings are not our friends,
though surely, if there are scoundrels in astral dimensions, there
must be virtuous entities there as well. Perhaps the ones who don't
seek lordship over this planet are watching to see if humans take
back control of our world or continue to surrender it, piece by
piece, to the cosmic band of thugs who want to own it.   Will we
continue surrendering our governments, media, schools, workplaces,
taxes and spirituality to those who would lead us farther away
>  from personal freedom and self-actualization, closer to a world
without responsibility, originality or joy? Such a world is the goal
of the gods, because it's more controllable.   Their lackeys in the
political arena (many – George Bush, for instance – are genetically
linked to European royal families and the god-engendered lines of
divine-right kings) call this future society the New World Order.
Centralized control, humans functioning on autopilot. The death of
free will, passion, desire and originality – sounds a lot like
enlightenment, doesn't it. The surrender of the individual to the
collective. Control of the collective by divine-right rulers, and
control of those rulers by the cosmic band of thugs themselves. The
rise of the great Fourth Reich.   Who were the mystical entities
Hitler conversed with and took guidance from? Why was group
meditation a part of Nazi protocol? Why were many TM/ New Age slogans
("established in Being, perform action," for instance) also
>  slogans of the Third Reich?   Total control and religious-
spiritual domination. The destruction of everything that makes life
worth living. Creation imploding on itself, like a snake swallowing
its tail. That actually is a symbol found in mystery schools, which
were controlled by the gods.   It's time to give up beads and
mantras, chanting and bowing down to dirty feet. It's time to fire
the gurus, stand up and be the powerful, sublime individuals we are.
It's time to question the dogmas we swallowed whole from Vedic
tradition and take a closer look at what is happening when we
meditate.   It's time to reclaim our birthright, our divinity and
this Earth. Only we can do it, as the conscious beings we are. As the
characterAlice in Wonderland said, turning and facing the Red Queen's
army that was hot on her heels, "Pooh! You're nothing but a pack of
old cards." That army toppled, turning into a heap of playing cards
the moment the girl broke through her bad dream. Our
>  controllers too will topple, and dragons will turn into geckos.
It's time to give up the cosmic illusion and de-hypnotize.

>   The Canadian is an editorially independent and not-for-profit
national newspaper. It is inspired by Canada's very first newspaper
called 'Le Canadien', that was founded in 1806.
>   We are committed to affirming a sovereign Canada, by defending
the national public interest via a critical approach to mass-media
coverage. The aspirations for a sovereign Canada had inspired the
journalists of 'Le Canadien', as well as Tommy Douglas, former Prime
Minister Trudeau, and other Canadians, toward the pursuit of the
Canadian Dream. Trudeau had specifically referred this Canadian
Dream, as the pursuit of a socially progressive 'Just Society'.

Search.