--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I'm biased here having worked with many
> schizophrenics. It is possible that the schizophrenia
> was in remission, but if you interact for any amount
> of time even with someone with schizophrenia in
> remission, there is always something you detect. But
> you have to have dealt with schizophrenics clinically
> to see this.

***
I'm speaking as an outsider here. So my information may be only so
good. But here goes: There's no reason to believe that Admissions
officers would have worked with schizophrenics. But the point about
deterioration that I was making was this - after Sem became a student,
students who lived around him did think he was getting to be a bit
strange. So there seems to have been a change between the time he
initially visited the campus and the time that the murder took place.

 But why wasn't a medical history taken?
> Would that be on a college application?

***
>From what I've been told, it is illegal for a college to inquire into
a prospective student's prior mental health history. I thought we went
through all of this when the murder took place.

My understanding is that MUM has made some changes so that, once
people come to MUM to be students, it is more likely that the odd
behavior Sem was exhibiting would be noticed and acted upon earlier.

 Nine to 12