On Mar 30, 2008, at 4:31 PM, Duveyoung wrote:

Sal,

Sorry that you suffer so.  I know your issue -- have it too.

I wasn't trying to pick on you, Edg, so sorry if it might have seemed that way.

BUT BUT BUT, my posting the link was to get folks to think about the
"visual presentation of sentience," and "why it is that we all agree
on whether it's 'there' or not.

This example of an almost perfect artificial "human," seemed to me to be as educational as, say, Turq's link to the Moonwalking Bear video. One cannot look at this girl and think "photograph of real human,"but instead, we know we are being beguiled to think so.

To me it's a very very spiritual lesson, and to really grok it, I'm
thinking one has to be right down there at the ritam level to be able to say just exactly what it is about "real" that the "unreal" never has.

Well, your words are a lot more interesting than a video made by someone I know nothing about.

Maybe all of us would greatly benefit if we tried to tell if we are
alive by looking at what a mirror tells us.  Might be surprising.

Do it all the time, Edg, and much of the time I'm not really happy with what I see. :)

Sal