The numbers.  I got introduced to someone who had lunch with Howard
Settle last week.  Howard is wondering, why are there so few
Fairfield meditators in the domes?

What would you tell Howard about this?

I told the person to tell Howard that he ought to come up here and
have coffee off-campus with folks in town (Fairfield -not Vedic City)
to find out the answer. -D

<
Om, their grand experiment... What could they possibly do to get the
numbers they need for their utopia? People seem to be staying
outside or not coming back in. What could they do to change that
direction?

Jai Guru Dev,

-Doug in FF

163190

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Om, their grand experiment...  What could they possibly do to get
the
> numbers they need for their utopia?  People seem to be staying
> outside or not coming back in.  What could they do to change that
> direction?
>
> Jai Guru Dev,
>
> -Doug in FF
>
> 163190

View
> of
> > Consciousness from the Perennial Philosophy, Social Sciences, and
> Quantum
> > Physics."
> >

> > You can go to the link above to view the whole thing, and/or here
> are some
> > excerpts.
> >

> > Perennial Philosophy. The suggestion that individuals interact
> directly at a
> > distance through an underlying common field of consciousness has
> long
> > history. Indeed, it is embedded in the "perennial philosophy,"
the
> term
> > Aldous Huxley (1945) first applied to the universal system of
> thought that
> > has persisted throughout history in all parts of the world and
which
> > continues to be seriously discussed by major thinkers, as
> documented by
> > Sheer (1994). The key tenets of the perennial philosophy can be
> stated as:
> > (1) the phenomenal world is a manifestation of an unmanifest
> transcendental
> > ground, a field of consciousness or Being, which is the infinite
> organizing
> > power structuring all forms and phenomena in the universe; (2)
the
> human
> > mind also has a transcendental ground, which is the silent level
of
> > transcendental consciousness at the basis of all thought and
> perception; (3)
> > transcendental consciousness is the direct experience by the
> individual of
> > the transcendental ground of the universe; and (4), this
experience
> > organizes individual and collective life to be fully
evolutionary,
> [...]
> > 2002).
> >

> > The transcendental ground of the universe is conceived of in
terms
> of a God
> > concept in many cultures. In others, like Taoism and Vedanta, it
is
> simply
> > regarded as an abstract field of pure consciousness.
> >

> > Social Sciences. Concepts of collective consciousness have been
> proposed by
> > some of the founders of the social sciences, such as Fechner's
> > transcendental basis of perception, Durkheim's conscience
> collective, and
> > Jung's collective unconscious.
> >

> > Gustav Fechner is best known for developing methods of measuring
> sensory
> > thresholds, which are the least amounts of energy that the senses
> can
> > detect. What motivated his studies of thresholds was his
experience
> of a
> > single transcendental continuum of "general consciousness"
> underlying the
> > discontinuities of numerous localized individual minds associated
> with
> > different people. He illustrated the idea with a model in which
> individual
> > minds were likened to separate islands in the water. But if the
> level of the
> > water were lowered sufficiently, the "islands" would be seen to
> actually be
> > mountains that are connected at their base by the ground. Like
> that, if the
> > perceptual threshold were insensitive, as is usually the case,
then
> each
> > individual mind would experience itself as isolated from other
> minds. But if
> > the sensory threshold were sufficiently refined, Fechner
believed,
> the
> > individual would experience the continuity of consciousness at
the
> basis of
> > all minds. Fechner felt that such a lowering of the sensory
> threshold was
> > what happened to him when he himself had a direct experience of
> what he
> > called the general consciousness.
> >

> > Physics. Many of the founders of modern physics have expressed
their
> > insights that, like the perennial philosophy, the ultimate
reality
> is a
> > field of consciousness. Although the remarks of great scientists
> are not
> > formally a part of science, it is significant that those who
> understand the
> > scientific paradigm most clearly have made such statements. For
> example, Sir
> > James Jeans (1932), the eminent British physicist and
mathematician
> who was
> > the first to propose that matter is continuously created
throughout
> the
> > universe, said: "Thirty years ago, we thought, or assumed that we
> were
> > heading towards an ultimate reality of a mechanical kind ....
Into