--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> Curtis, Stu, Anyone,
>
> It bugs me that I'm unable to make music and I'd like to learn.
What
> would be your recommendations re best instrument to learn?
>
> Marek
>
> **
It depends what you want to get out of it-- if you want to perform
for others, then you have to get an instrument and learn it.

On the other hand, if you just want to compose songs to burn to CDs
and play them for yourself and others, I've been getting a lot of
fun out of a software program called Music Maker v12, by
www.magix.com. The documentation is non-existent because it is a
German program translated into English, but the cool thing is it
uses a graphical interface which is pretty intuitive and easy to
use. The music is created by assembling 2-4 second samples on
something like a spreadsheet. Has multi track capability and each
sample can be copied, pasted, and modified with fades and volume
adjustments.

I always wanted to compose the ulitmate electric guitar solo, which
I posted yesterday here-- see my post, "Big Spring". Takes about 10
to 20 hours to put together a full tune. There are multiple genres
to play with, and additional sound pools of samples are available.

Anyway, if you are looking for a musical outlet, this one is a blast.