> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >
> > Since TM is being taught in the context of Science, for many,
> > (if not all) TM has become Science *in lieu* of Religion!
> > What a great loss, MMY teaches to pull the arrow back on the
> > bow, but he doesn't teach *where to aim* the arrow!
> >
> > That is where Religion comes in, the direction given by
> > Religion saves the aspirant years and years of trial and error
> > (finding out all of this stuff he could have been told up
> > front) by learning it the hard way.
>
> Right.

Yes, thankyou, I am right!

 Which is why MMY urged TMers to follow the
> religion of their heritage and consult the scriptures
> of that religion for guidance.

Yes, he's most probably made that comment, though not in the context
of any formal TM instruction, I should know, I've learned TM AND
taught TM, I clearly don't remember any instruction suggested per
MMY's comment you posted! Though that's not the point...

The real question Judy is, what has actually happened, how many
actually practice their Religion in conjunction with TM and how many
have mistakenly thought TM to be the be-all and end-all in their
spiritual journey.  For instance, what Religion do you practice Judy?

> > But that was not MMY's world ministry, his objective was to turn
> > the tide of cultural degeneration and steer society back to the
> > tried and true methods of Vedic culture. He compromised, and
> > devised 'Yoga-lite for modernity' as the most rapid way to
> > achieve this end!
>
> No compromise needed, of course.

Of course he did, he doesn't teach all eight means to Yoga as
recommended by Maharishi Patanjali in order to teach TM *strictly* as
a Science.

>The world already has
> hundreds of religions; there wasn't any need for him to
> impose his own on those practicing TM.

TM, in Reality, IS A Religion. You can say it exists in a vacuum
(denial) but
it clearly is a product of Sanatana Dharma, the eternal Religion of
the Vedas as MMY specifies in his book "The Vedas".

> What the world *didn't* have, that only he could teach,
> was TM, which enables one to live the truth of one's
> religion whatever it may be. So that's what he focused
> on.

I don't think so, Catholic doctrines(in my case)as taught today
clearly don't harmonize with Reincarnation, and the whole list of
associated elements belonging to TM.  So you see Judy, there is NO
going back!! Once TM opens your eyes the first thing you do is *flee*
your backwards 'religion'!

> (In his later years, as we know, he did begin to
> introduce more religious elements. It would have been
> interesting to hear why he changed course in this way.)

Yes, because TM-lite was just the beginning of his idea of instituting
the eternal Religion of the Vedas into the fabric of Society. So you
can see where he was heading can't you....to RELIGION!