--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ispiritkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning wrote:
> > > When Maharishi school graduates are among the top tier
> > > of those contributing in public service, government,
> > > business, the arts -- and are well seeded (or seated) as
> > > professors at the top universities, you
> > > will have quite a compelling case.
>
> > So, we already know the outcome of the charter school
> > that is just now starting to offer the $120,000/year salary?
> >
> > We know the academic outcome of the school years spent
> > at Maharishi School. We have NO idea if paying $120,000
> > to teachers will help the STUDENTS at the school in NY state.
>
> I do not hold that conventional success necessarily translates to
> personal fulfillment.

Neither do I. If you are commenting on my post, I did not list all the
benefits and results of strong education. I was simply suggesting that
there is more to good education than the criteria spraig appeared to
be using. If Maharishi schools are the greatest thing ever, then we
should see some objective display of that 5-10 years hence. I have not
seen that. But clearly education provides more than outer success. And
to which results of education are the best? Does it matter. Its all good.

I personally am doing much, much less in terms
> of conventional achievement than when I bought into the whole deal
> about being in "the top tier of those contributing",

I was not proposing that as a personal value. Simply, and quite
casually, I was suggesting one of many more easily measured attributes
and outcomes of a large body of well educated students.

 but I am much,