--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" wrote:
> Thanks for starting the spider angle.  Who would have
> thought that it would bring up two more first person
> accounts of relationships with spiders! Sometimes this
> place really exceeded my already high expectations!

Here's third first-person account about spiders.  :-)

In my last place, I had spiders as house pets.  They had webs all
over the place and really kept the insect population controlled.  We
had trouble with ants the first year, but after the spiders got
established, we never had another ant infestation.

At my new place, I have a ground spider that patrols near my bed.  It
comes out at night to say hi and walks around, always very politely
keeping to areas that don't interfere with anything I'm doing.  I've
never found it ON my bed -- I sleep on a bedroll on the floor, but
often seen it AROUND my bed.  Tonight I had just sat down at the
computer right next to my bed, and the little guy came out and sat
there by the cord just looking at me for longer than usual.  (I'd
been away most of the weekend.)