--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And that sexual union? Brings us right back to the Maypole,
> essentially an enormous phallus, thrust deep into the earth,
> around which young men and women dance, weaving colored
> ribbons in encouragement of theearth's (and their own)
> fertility. For many Pagans, dancing the Maypoleis an
> enchanted experience, uniting the energy of the earth, and
> the energy of the sun to yield a bountiful harvest. So,
> whether you subscribe to the more... suggestive interpret-
> ations or not, clearly a day of celebration is upon us.
> We at Daily Mantra hope you enjoy.

Now she tells me. Out on the beach just now, when
that cute young woman walked up to me carrying a
handful of colored ribbons and asked me if I wanted
to go somewhere with her and help her wrap them
around something, I foolishly thought she was talk-
ing about wrapping presents, and begged off.

< slaps forehead >

:-)

Happy May Day to one and all. It's a national holiday
here in Spain, as it was in France, and so everyone
is out at the beach soaking up...uh...the energy of
the sun. I presume that any Beltane dances and jump-
ing over bonfires will be later in the evening, and
that they will yield a bountiful harvest of fun,
and perhaps more.