In the banner ad Yahoo! puts on this page (above here) I noticed was
for "Kashi" pizza (the ads gonna change for each refreshed page so you
may not see it).

I wonder if we are, in particular, getting that ad because of the kind
of keywords or discussions we have here.  Are we, as so-called new-
agers, being targeted with that particular ad?

I think it's cool.  I've done just a little internet advertising for my
business but when I have I've been able to choose the keywords for,
say, Google ads so that they only appear when certain words are put
into the search engine.  It appears the same sort of thing is happening
here.