--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung no_reply@ wrote:
> >
> > Alex,
> >
> > Did you see Shaun of the Dead?
>
> No. Never heard of it.

Never heard of it?  Geeze.  Why'd you even express your opinion of Hot
Fuzz if you don't know the matrix that spawned it?

> > Maybe the director's sense of humor and mine match.  Or?  I'm 64
> > years old, and you're, like, 14 or 15 right?
>
> Or, I'm 46 and not yet senile.

Sorry to tell ya, but 46 is like a kid -- you won't believe how much
more wise you're going to be in 20 years.

> > No accounting and all that, but geeze "mediocre?"  Harsh,
> > dude, harsh.
>
> I seldom watch movies,

No duh.

and I only went because a friend asked me to
> come along.

So you only watch a film if you're pressured into it?  And yet you had
to naysay my opinion based on hundreds of films seen per year?  Tell me,
what do you think of the way heart surgery is trending these days?

He said Hot Fuzz got a high rating on that
> tomato-something movie review website. My friend is in his 50s, and he
> was no more impressed by it than I was.

Geeze, a friend who is just like you -- will wonders never cease?

Edg