--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe it's not the TM but the fact that most TMers do yoga – not
headstands
> usually but shoulder stands. My grandmother went blind from
glaucoma. I've
> been meditating for 40 years and have excellent vision. Go figure.

One thing I can state for sure -- our data is not biased by yoga
asanas. These results are definitely related only to the performance
of TM and TM Sidhis.

(At least some of the sessions have been overseen by very experienced
TM teachers, and we have consulted extensively with officials in the
TM movement so we feel the meditation was being performed correctly.)

BTW, if you have any history of glaucoma in your family, you should
have regular eye exams.

And congrats on maintaining excellent vision. I assume you at at least
55+ years old. If you don't require reading glasses, you are doing
great -- and it might even be fair to attribute your excellent vision
to the reduced stress you enjoy from TM practice. If you wanted to
make that argument, I would not oppose it.

However, we already know for sure that TM doesn't elevate IOP for
everyone that does TM. But we also know that it CAN elevate IOP --
some risk is there.

My interest is in understanding how the elevated IOP might occur. Thanks.