--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>

> > > "in the vicinity of this, violent tendencies are eliminated..."
> >
> > I don't recognize the quote. Were those Tat
> > Wala Baba's last words?
>
> Nope- the Dalai Lama (I figured one snarky comment deserved
> another...)

Ok, snarkfest over, please present me even one
example from history of Patanjali's claim being
true. Even one.

Might I suggest Gandhi? Or Jesus? Or Tat Wala Baba?
Or Krishna overlooking the battlefield on which an
enormous shitload of violent tendencies was about
to go down? If Patanjali was correct, why would
this (dare I say it) somewhat violent battle be
taking place in the vicinity of the personification
of yoga?

For that matter, if Patanjali's view is correct,
why are the Mahabharata and the Vedas an endless
succession of stories about beings wanting to do
violent harm to the supposedly enlightened?

I'll wait...