Curtis wrote
> The term unstressing has nothing to
> do with Selye's work.

The term 'stress' was coined by Selye,
who worked closely with Marshy, so close
in fact that Marshy borrowed the term
'unstress' from Selye's 'eu-stress'.
Why this is so difficult for you to
understand is beyond me.

Selye's definition of 'stress' is ANY
demand placed upon a system. Selye told
Marshy that meditation, on every measure
that his institute had done, had the
exact opposite effect as stress.

So meditation is eu-stress, that is,
unstressing. Stress, according to Marshy,
is anything that distorts the normal,
natural functioning of the nervous system.

Judy Stein on stress:

"MMY and Selye found a certain resonance
in each other's thinking.  Selye thought
TM was good at relieving stress, and MMY
accordingly adopted the term "stress"
to refer to the concept of samskaras so
he'd have a Western scientific-sounding
model for the ancient yogic concepion."