--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "amarnath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > His resignation now just highlights the question
> > of why he didn't do it a long time ago.
>
> maybe he didn't attend church that often
> after all he's a busy man
>
> if you're a TMer, would you like to be held accountable
> for everything MMY did ?

If I were running for president, I'd have the good
sense to expect it, regardless of whether I "liked"
it or thought it was appropriate.

Obama has said explicitly that he didn't see the
outrage over Wright coming. That's just very, very
poor judgment, and it's likely to cost him the
presidency and put McCain in office. The Republicans
are going to beat it like a drum, and it doesn't
really make much difference that he's quit the
church now after being there for 20 years.

> look to the man's deeds, not his church

I personally am in sympathy with his church, if not
with every last thing Wright has said. If all voters
were like you and me and others here, it wouldn't be
a problem, but they aren't. That's unfortunate, but
it's a fact. Obama didn't have the sense to realize
it, and the whole country is going to suffer for it.