TurquoiseB wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have modified the program to look for messages beginning at 0 hours
>> GMT (or UTC) on Saturdays.   Currently that for Fairfield would be 7 PM
>> CDT the Friday before and 5 PM PDT.  When you go to the Fairfield Life
>> web page without logging in you will get the UTC time for the message.
>> When logged in you get the time adjusted to your zone.
>>
>> If the start time was 0 hours Saturdays Central Time it is a little
>> difficult to adjust the program for users in different parts of the
>> world.  The GMT starting time is much easier and more consistent.
>> It should be easier to remember too.
>>

> But it's also completely meaningless.
>
> With all due respect for your efforts, dude, you
> didn't read the spec. The *definition* of when
> the posting week starts is midnight Friday
> *Fairfield time*. No other time zone even enters
> into the picture.
>
> All you have to do is count the posts for the
> week using *that* time, and everyone -- no matter
> where they live -- has an accurate count of their
> posts for the week. As you have defined it above,
> they do not.
IT IS NOT COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS.  :)  Take a look at the message
header, dude.  You don't get Fairfield time in the header.  You mainly
get either UTC or your current time.  All I was proposing was to change
it from the Central Time zone to UTC.  BTW, there is no mention of what
time zone in the guidelines.   They will also get an accurate count if
they use UTC.  It's relative, dude.   IMHO, UTC is the best method since
it is contained in the message header.  Again, since apparently you
missed that part of the message when logged into the FFL web page you
get the times according to your zone not Central Time (unless you are in
that zone).  If you sign out and go to the that page you get the UTC times.

BTW, I posted a count as of 5 PM PDT (0 hours UTC) last night but it
must be stuck in the spam box.