--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Shemp, how did Letterman play it? Was he serious or
> smarmy?

Surprisingly lacking in smarmyness...but, of course, made jokes when
he could.  More serious than he usually is.  More snickering from the
crowd than from Letterman.

My major complaint is that in the first 30 seconds when Letterman
asked him what his background was he mentioned he had been a teacher
of transcendental meditation.