--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > Iowa City, one of the first 1%, 5%, 10% and 15% meditator cities
> > in the US and the world suffers now for letting their meditating
> > population drop below invincible levels.
> >
> >   http://www.iowaindependent.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2452
> >
> > Iowa City gets severe thunder storms again this afternoon.
> > Sirens wail warnings.  The Law of nature sends summons forth.
> > Repent your material ways, retreat inside and meditate.
>
> IMO, the only Law of Nature in play here is one that predates human
> existence by billions of years: the nature of rivers to flood, from
> time to time. If there's anything to be repented, it's the notion
> that building cities on the banks of rivers is a good idea.

Hear, hear. As usual, Alex brings a new level of
level-headedness to these discussions. The town
where I used to live in France was along the river
Ledourle. The very name of the river has become a
verb in French for 'to flood' -- ledourler.

I've seen that river rise two meters in an hour,
with the results you would expect for the buildings
and fields along its banks. In nearby Sommières,
there are photos on the walls for the tourists
showing the town during the last big flood, with
water covering the first floor of most of the
buildings in town. The *Romans* knew about the
tendency of this river to flood, and so they built
their town up in the hills where it wouldn't be
affected by them. It took "modern," more civilized
folks to build by the river. And they act suprised
whenever it floods, as if it's a random act of God.

And, sure as clockwork, every time the river floods,
you get crazies talking about how it's "God's wrath"
for something that their neighbors are doing that
they don't like. And you get people saying that the
fact that their house was spared is because they're
Godly, as opposed to their neighbors.

Face it, folks. The flooding has *nothing* to do with
the ME. The ME *itself* is bullshit, as far as I can
tell, and always has been. It was merely a way, when
the number of initiations started to fall, to pretend
that the total number of people meditating wasn't
important, and to enable the few remaining TBs to
continue to feel self-important as their numbers
continued to dwindle.

You'll notice that there are no busloads of butt-bouncers
heading off with their foam to "fly" beside the affected
rivers and entice them to settle down. Why? Because that
would actually be putting their theory to the test, and
no one in the TMO wants that. They'd rather play with
statistics after the fact, and throw out all the data
that doesn't support what they already "know."

I'm sorry to be so negative here, but I'm still reeling
from Bob Brigante blaming the floods on "wrongdoers" in
the affected communities. That's as insane as Christians
blaming 9/11 on gays and lesbians and liberals, and
someone should say so.