> > > Why were you blacklisted for that? You placed an article in
> > > front of his title...hmmmm?
> >
> > Hey, even given sparaig's tendency to believe in
> > things like the CIA stalking Maharishi, weirder
> > shit has happened.  In L.A. I saw iniators turned
> > down for ATR courses because they had books on
> > their bookshelves that the "board of review" con-
> > sidered "off the program."  The kicker was that I
> > had been to the houses of the teachers on that
> > "board of review," and the same books were on all
> > their bookshelves.  Total hypocrisy and tyranny,
> > all done in the name of "purity of the teaching."
>
> There was a "board of review"? Maybe now, I have heard everything.
> Of course books and the ideas that they stimulate are very very
> dangerous... (and they want kings?)

This was at the L.A. Center, which at the time
cohabitated with National in Pacific Palisades.
It was just a group of TM teachers who got together
monthly or so to pass judgment (literally) on those
who wanted to go to courses.  Longer residence
courses, TTC, and ATR.  They had the authority to
make or not make the recommendation that would get
the person on the course or prevent them from
attending.

What is the saying?  Power corrupts, but controlling
access to the Absolute corrupts absolutely?

Unc