____________________________________
 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 6/27/2008 3:55:30 A.M.  Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Supreme Court Upholds Second Amendment Right to  Bear Arms

____________________________________

Supreme Court Upholds  Second Amendment
Right to Bear Arms
BELLEVUE, WA – With today's ruling on the case of  District of Columbia v.
Heller, America has begun "its long march back  toward liberty under a Second
Amendment that means what it says," the  Second Amendment Foundation said.
"Today's ruling by the Supreme Court  should forever put to rest any
contention that the right to keep and  bear arms is not a fundamental,
individual
civil right," said SAF  founder Alan M. Gottlieb. "For six decades, anti-gun
rights extremists  have engaged in a monumental fraud that has been
unfortunately
perpetuated by activist judges who erroneously insisted that the right  to
keep and bear arms applies only to service in a militia.
"Wisdom and truth have triumphed  over hysteria and falsehood," he continued.
"This decision makes it  clear that a right 'of the people' is a right
enjoyed by, and affirmed  for, all citizens. It destroys a cornerstone of
anti-gun
rights elitism,  which has fostered – through years of deceit and political
demagoguery –  the erosion of this important civil right.
"This ruling also makes it  abundantly clear that laws which ban the
possession of firearms, or make  it simply impossible through regulation for
citizens
to exercise their  right to keep and bear arms, are unconstitutional and
cannot stand,"  Gottlieb stated. "Today, America has taken a small but
significant
step  toward restoring the Second Amendment to its proper place in our Bill of
 Rights.
"For too many years," he observed,  "Americans have seen this fundamental
civil right under constant and  unrelenting attack. We are hopeful that today's
decision will halt an  insidious campaign for citizen disarmament through
legislation and  regulations that have made our neighborhoods less safe, our
cities
less  secure and our people less self-reliant, which is the trait that has
made America unique among nations.
"But this fight is hardly over,"  Gottlieb concluded. "Today's ruling is a
stepping stone, the foundation  upon which we can rebuild this important
individual right. Our work has  only just begun."
Place your faith in the good-hearted  people of the world and support the SAF
in standing up for the rights of  American citizens to bear arms!
_SELECT  HERE to DONATE NOW. The rights you save may be your  own!_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?i/o/O6Oc4DkOBlllUnISNwzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw) _
https://secure.responseenterprises.com/saf/?a=1674_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?DEFhxeoaN7zzz/CplBsyKQzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)

NOTE: Be sure to _Send  this Alert to EVERYONE_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?/0Eb3bmNOg0DwHl7fEJkTAzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)
you know who wants  to help
keep the second amendment secure. Thank you!

For more information about SAF go to _www.saf.org_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?jCKb5073BmGf1XZBd2/yfQzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)

Sincerely For America,
Second Amendment  Foundation
_www.saf.org_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?wonsbYbrA1lcx7l5r/vlEAzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)

Send Checks To:
Second Amendment Foundation
James  Madison Building
Dept Code  1674
12500 NE 10th  Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
Paid for by Second Amendment  Foundation
Would you like to send this email  to a friend?

(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?89Wp+36kRN6QBrJ4vsSJOwzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)

_Click  Here_
(http://news.safalerts.org/c.asp?14xmWo7ok81Ouzn16D9tagzzwSCKIMD62EuHTaQ+6oLw)
to be removed from this list