> On Jun 27, 2008, at 8:30 AM, lurkernomore20002000 wrote:
>
> > First MMY as Hitler a mass murderer.  Now the murderer of SBS.  Vaj,
> > your spirituality is really shining through.   Can't wait to see what
> > comes next.
>

> It isn't me who makes this stuff up; it's been well known in India
> that he was a leading suspect for a long time. Believe me, I was as
> shocked as anyone to hear it the first time back in the 80's--so much
> so that I couldn't think about it for months without being enraged.
> That of course doesn't mean he actually did it (and of course he was
> never charged with anything). But it does give a window onto how's
> he's viewed in his native country by some.
>
> I don't believe it's fair to call MMY a mass murderer, that's pushing
> it a good bit. But nonetheless, he does have blood on his hands for
> other reasons.

As me old friend, Anoop Chandola points out, Swai Brahmananda Saraswati
was the most important spiritual leader in India during the first half of the
20th Century. IF there was even a hint of a rumor that his death was from
anything other than natural causes, there would have been rioting in the
streets. In fact, there was not. any riots or any such rumor at the time of
his death.

People are mis-translating "food poisoning" as "poisoning."

The controversy that MMY was involved with was over whether or not to
move SBS while he was ill. MMY's faction won and SBS subsequently died,
for which the opposing faction blames him for SBS's death.

Lawson