--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >

> > On Jul 1, 2008, at 9:02 AM, do.rflex wrote:
> >
> > > Bullshit. Mugabe has been a tyrant and a killer since at least 1980.
> > >

> > > ---Mugabe rose to prominence in the 1960s as the Secretary general
> of
> > > the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU). For many years in the
> 60s
> > > and 70s Mugabe was a political prisoner in Rhodesia. His goal was to
> > > replace white minority-rule with one-party Marxist regime.[2] He
> left
> > > Rhodesia in 1976 to join the Zimbabwe Liberation Struggle (Rhodesian
> > > Bush War) from bases in Mozambique. The war ended in 1979; emerging
> > > from this conflict, Mugabe was hailed by Africans as a hero.[3][4]
> He
> > > won the general elections of 1980, the first in which the majority
> > > black Africans participated, amid reports of violent intimidation by
> > > the militant freedom fighters he now controlled. Mugabe then became
> > > the first Prime Minister of black-ruled Zimbabwe after calling for
> > > reconciliation between formerly warring parties, including the white
> > > people as well as rival parties.
> > >
> > > The early years of Mugabe's rule saw killings targeting the Ndebele
> > > tribe in the Matabeleland and Midlands areas of Zimbabwe.
> > >
> > > Since 1998 Mugabe's policies have increasingly elicited domestic and
> > > international denunciation. His government pursued a costly
> > > intervention in the Second Congo War, expropriated thousands of
> > > white-owned farms, printed hundreds of trillions of Zimbabwean
> dollars
> > > triggering hyperinflation,[5] and has been accused of harassing and
> > > intimidating political opponents, particularly members of the
> Movement
> > > for Democratic Change.[6] Zimbabwe's economy spiraled downward,[7]
> > > with food and oil shortages,[8] and with massive internal
> > > displacement[9] and emigration.[10] During this period Mugabe's
> > > policies have been denounced in the West and at home as racist
> against
> > > Zimbabwe's white minority.
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe>
> >

> > I'll never forget a couple of years ago a picture I saw in the
> > newspaper of a slain Brit. expat. farmer lying dead--with his Jack
> > Russell Terrier who survived, cuddled up next to his masters dead
> > body. Vigilantes, jealous of the white farmers went in and killed
> > many of the farmers or forced them to flee with the idea to take over
> > their farms and supposedly the money they were making. The people
> > ended up being so uneducated they didn't even know how to operate the
> > farms and now the farms have been taken over by ovegrowth. Such
> > appalling ignorance.
> >

> I'll never forget a couple of years ago a picture I saw in the newspaper
> of slain Iraqi children lying dead--with their mother alone beside them.
> [...]
I agree with you here Off. But you're completely missing the point. No one is
defending
the massively corrupt actions of US foreign policy these last years. (No one
with half a
brain that is.)

But what does that have to do with MMY praising a brutal dictator? Zero. Nada.
I got into TM during the Nixon era. It (I thought) was a wonderful alternative
to the
madness going on around me. How could I have known that it (TMO and MMY) would
turn
into its own special brand of madness?