Because I am not approaching meditation from a metaphysical POV I am
not really asserting anything about the meaning of states experienced
in meditation.  Perhaps using the terminology of the movement is
counterproductive to my goal of separating my experience from the
movement and traditional provided meaning.  That is why I describe my
state as one of silence or peacefulness.  But I disagree with the
phrase "mere thought free states."  I believe these states have a
value.  You may be comparing them to some other "better" state, but
for my experience they seem to be an asset so far.