> On Jul 9, 2008, at 4:01 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
>
> > I must confess, however, that notwithstanding starting this thread
> > and discussion, I still do eat the occasional red meat dish.  But
> > it's something I only do when the urge gets too much.  And if I eat
> > it MORE often than that, that's when I feel the negative effects in
> > big way the next day.
>

> Have you tried organic meats? Nothing like good, locally raised meats.

Yes, I have and, yes, it makes all the difference in the world in terms
of flavor.  This is the one area of shopping at Whole Foods where I
don't mind the 300% price difference between them and other stores.
But I won't pay $6.00 for a tiny tray of organic raspberries when I can
get the same non-organic quantity for $1.00 at my local "bargain"
produce stand.  At savings like that I will eagerly ingest all kinds of
chemical and second-hand, run-off fertilizers along with my fruits and
vegetables.