> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@>
wrote:

> > > Great fun to play, I often will play that for friends.
> >
> > You can manage that? Vaj, there are clearly many strings to your
> > bow.
> >
> > Here's another fave guitar track of mine. Bert Jansch playing
> > Anji off his first album:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/6324dm
> >
> > Sounds like he's got nine fingers on each hand to me.
> > The album's available as a double with his third album
> > Jack Orion, dark English folk at it's best. Recommended.
>
> I used to love Bert Jansch. What ever happened
> to him? John Renbourne is still around and
> touring, but I never hear of Bert Jansch. I
> tried to learn to play "Angie" once. Sprained
> my brain and learned my limitations. :-)

As far as I know Bert is still on the road playing
the clubs and releasing the occasional album. I saw
John Renbourne with Jaqcui O Shea at the local folk
club, they've still got it. They didn't attempt Light
Flight, but it's always worth hearing again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg

> BTW, if you like folky fingerpicking and songs
> that tempt you to try to learn them, here are
> a couple from Bruce Cockburn, plus a couple more
> of him just having fun:

They do tempt me to try but I aint no guitarist I'm
afraid :-(

> Foxglove:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBY9Fb8YGo
>
> Jerusalem Poker:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX6A80bVolI
>
> Jammin' with Ric Emmett:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyk9AT6f_tE
>
> Jammin' with Ali Farka Toure:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjWbqTbeZK4

Loved Bruce for a long time but the last album of his
I bought was World of Wonders, a long time ago. And I'm
well into Ali FT at the moment, good to see them together.

I got side tracked, as one so often does, in the Bruce
Cockburn list and found some old faves:

Cool version of WoW from the Timbuktu trip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5So6zRjtM&feature=related

Great song, great sentiment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4CdHd9ma4&feature=related

It's breaking the "guitarist on his own" vibe, but I had to
have a bit of John McLaughlin on here, he's awesome but the
stuff I like is not so well represented on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB95clOd6v0&feature=related

I saw him on this tour, excellent stuff.