I recently mentioned Dr. Ravi Batra's writings on the subject of the
social cycles involved in economic and their relationship to the Indian
caste system.  At one time much of the section on the subject was posted
on Internet by Batra himself which are based on the writing of an Indian
pundits possibly several centuries old.  It was a fascinating subject
when I first read it in Batra's book "The Great Depression of 1990".  It
has been updated a bit for his new book "The New Golden Age" but I found
an excerpt and explanation of the concept on this blog:
http://www.bullnotbull.com/archive/batra-1.html

The characteristics of the "aquisitor's age" we are going though now as
the author of the blog points out do very much resemble what we are
seeing now.  Perhaps I can locate the references to the pundit
somewhere.  I probably still have Batra's book in one of the boxes
somewhere out in the garage.

This is Batra's site:
http://www.ravibatra.com/
He is a frequent guest on Thom Hartmann's Air America Radio show.