> On Jul 19, 2008, at 5:55 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> Really, this is just a dumb attempt to make somebody else
> >> responsible for his own actions.  Is he an adult?  If so,
> >> unless Barry has the power to ban people, he left of his
> >> own volition, as does everyone else who unsubs.  This
> >> attempt by Judy to make Barry responsible for the actions
> >> of someone else is pathetic.
> >
> > Funny, you've never spoken up when Barry has accused
> > me of driving people off a forum.
>
> If you mean the case of Ruth, it seems that that's exactly
> what happened.

<guffaw> So when Ruth leaves claiming she couldn't
tolerate my posts, I drove her off. When Michael
leaves claiming he couldn't tolerate Barry's posts,
he did so of his own volition.

> I don't recall anyone else at the moment, Judy.

I guess you missed Barry's post to Ruth:

"Judy has a history of attempting to drive any
strong woman off of any forum she is part of. It
started back on a.m.t., and continues to this
day."

(Do you feel I've tried to drive you off FFL,
Sal?)

> > I never suggested, of course (nor did Michael), that
> > Michael hadn't left of his own volition.
>
> That's exactly what you suggested, citing Barry's antics
>   as the reason he left:
> "We recently lost an
> extremely valuable long-time poster because of
> Barry's nastiness and dishonesty."
>
> Implying, of course, that he would have stayed otherwise,
> and was basically driven off by big, bad Barry.

As I said: People have reasons for making the
decisions they do. Michael's reason was Barry's
nastiness and dishonesty. Obviously that doesn't
mean he didn't leave of his own volition, any
more than Ruth having me as a reason means she
didn't leave of her own volition.

> If that's not what you meant, all the posts you've wasted
> on this silliness have been even dumber than usual.

Sal, Barry made the false accusation, first, that I
tried to drive strong women off the forums I was on;
then when I pointed out that quite a few folks have
left forums because of Barry, citing Michael (without
naming him) as an example, Barry falsely claimed I
was lying (and went on and on and on about it until
Michael, bless his heart, spoke up and confirmed
what I had said).

*That* was what was dumb. And your comments, I'm
afraid, are even dumber.