>Daily meditation was the requirement of the SS<

In Ramayana you have description of demon Ravana and his Rakshasa army. They
also followed and practised Vedic rituals, but with one difference - for
realisation of selfish aims - power, money and pleasure.

Lord Krishna in BG describes 2 types of human nature: divine and demonic
one. It is up to us what we are going to choose - for what purposes we are
going to perform spiritual practices - to realize God (Supreme
Transcendental Realty) or to use spiritual practices to harm others.

In TM movement you have the same situation: some people are looking for
Divine, some for power, money and pleasures.