This is one of those movies that is frustrating because
you want to *talk* to people about it, but you really
can't until they've seen it.

It stars Uma Thurman and is directed by Vadim Perelman,
whose previous film was the excellent House Of Sand And
Fog. It also stars Evan Rachel Wood, who was so good in
King Of California. They had me at Uma Thurman. :-)

She plays a woman who is married to a handsome college
professor and has a beautiful young daughter. But as the
15th anniversary of a Columbine-like school shooting that
she was present at approaches, memories of that day and
the days leading up to it start to encroach on her perfect
life, and it starts to unravel, as does her grasp on
reality.

The story is told by jumping back and forth between her
life in the present and memories of her in high school.
It's masterful storytelling IMO, and beautiful visually
as well. It's also much more than what I describe above,
but if you choose to see it you'll thank me for not
saying more.