On Jul 26, 2008, at 1:29 PM, lurkernomore20002000 wrote:

No, But he's a Dem, good-looking, sick wife, so as such ripe for any
idiotic rumor that one can toss at him.

Sal

He's a trial lawyer Sal.  Not one to put up with BS.  So can we expect
a defamation suit?  Wouldn't we expect this.  Or is it a case of "I
will not digfify that with a response" type of thing.  I'm ready to
eat crow if the facts warrant it.  Are you?

Sure, lurk, if a DNA test proves otherwise, I'll admit I was
wrong about Edwards.

But you're studiously missing the whole point--the Repugs position
themselves as the Party of Family Values, over and over...you know,
Down with abortion!  Down with sex education!  Down with any
social legislation that could help families live better lives!  And all
that stuff.  So they ask to be judged on that basis, which I agree most
of the time doesn't matter much, even in spite of the fact that
Republicans seem to have a particularly mean way of doing it.  Even
the Reagans were shocked at McCain's callous behavior.

And you know as well as I do that *if* it had been Obama, or
Hillary, or any other serious Dem contender, the Repugs would
have been all over them like flies.

Sal