From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Sal Sunshine
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:54 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: What's happening to the $3Billion empire?

On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Rick Archer wrote:

Bevan to date has played the game better than anyone in the movement.
Without
blood relation, personal wealth, or superior intellect, Bevan has steadily
become most
important in the TMO -

I would argue with the "superior intellect" part. He's a pretty brilliant
guy, whatever else you may think of him.

Really?  JOOC, what makes you think so, Rick?  I must

admit, the very few times I had occasion to speak to

him, I was less than overwhelmed.  Poor guy seemed

completely lost without a script.

Well, there are different ways of assessing intellect, but having seen him
interact with MMY, faculty, etc., I'd say he's got some chops. OTOH, he has
a reputation as an insensitive thug, who governs with fear and intimidation,
and whose visits to campus many faculty members dread.