Bhairitu wrote:
> Marketing hype.

So, the Marshy's TM and the Sri Sri's Sudarshan
Kryia are the most popular meditation techniques
in India and both are just simple yoga methods
that utilize a few bija mantras - you're the only
one that seems to be shocked at this news. Maybe
you should get out more. According to Vaj, there
were millions of people doing this at the recent
Khumba Mela. My guess is that over a billion
people practice some form of mantra meditation
in India. All meditation is transcendental, and
there's only one Transcendental. But it's a fact
that the thousands of devotees of the Swami
Parbhupada Saraswati (ISKCON) DO NOT chant the
'Om' syllable when they perform the kirtan or
meditate on the Vasudeva. 'Om' is to be chanted
by the Vedic pujaris in the fire ceremony - 'Om'
is NOT for the ordinary worldly householder. The
chanting or meditating on 'Om' is for the yogis
of the renounced order - it does not produce any
'kama', worldly enjoyment, one of the four aims
of life. Hardly anyone in India chants 'Om',
unless they are Brahmin caste priests. If you
have been doing this, I would suggest that you
stop this black magic, and stop with all the
playing with fire and waving your hands and arms
all about your head. Forget all the finger-snaping.
Just stick to your basket-weaving and watching
the TV - get a girl friend, enjoy.

"Transcendental meditation is centered around the
extremely old practice of chanting mantra's.
Sudarshan Kriya is centered around the extremely
old Yoga breath exercises. In both cases, although
their respective promoter-gurus claim the opposite,
there's nothing new under the sun."

Read more:

'How genuine is Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?'
http://www.yunusnews.com/node/486