> BillyG. wrote:
> > At first I balked, but after hearing her acceptance speech I was
> > immediately on board. She's totally genuine with conservative
> > principles AND even if the McCain ticket looses in November (God
> > forbid) the Republicans can be proud of their outstanding choice. I'm
> > proud to be a registered Republican!!  :-)
> >
> > Below is the McCain/Palin/Republican platform:
> >
> > http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/

> You're kidding, right?  If not I would like to know why you vote
> Republican?  Seems to be a dissonant choice for someone so
interested in
> meditation and eastern philosophy.

I think BillyG took his lead from an unabashedly patriotic Charlie
Lutes who [I believe] was a Republican and who [I know] was somewhat
of homophobe. He often referred to gays as being 'light in the
loafers'. Two lesbians got up and left in tears from one of his
lectures I attended after he made some derogatory comments about gay
people.