--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
> wrote:
>
>  I think that if every scientist was to go back to the beginning it
> would defeat the object of the exercise of science, that is: having a
> body of referenced and checkable work to build on or dispute and
> refine.
>
> The maths behind astrology is ancient nonsense and no-one has ever
> demonstrated that a correlation between planetary activity and
> human affairs (except that Aries are 2% more likely to be doctors
> but that has statistical fluke written all over it). Thus, any
> scientist who ignores what is known about the solar system in favour
> of unproven superstition is a bit of an idiot and will be treated as
> such.

We are in agreement here. However, many practices form ancient
cultures are superstitions with no empirical support. At this time.
Most have not been systematically disproven.

I am open to new evidence. Not holding my breath, but with knowledge
doubling every ___ months, in a few years we may be surprised at what
we know then that we didn't know now.