> But that isn't really the point. Obama would have
> done himself a great deal of good if he could have
> talked her into it.

It think a comfortable working relationship with the VP is important.
 They never seemed to have the kind of rapport together that would
make working together realistic IMO.  Who wants to fight all the time?
 I've read Stephanopolis's book about working closely with Hillary.
Sounds like a nightmare and he should know.

> On the other hand, he had no way of knowing McCain
> would pick Palin. Before that happened, Biden seemed
> like a solid choice. It's only in retrospect that it
> makes Obama look like an unimaginative wimp.

That approaches Fox new level spin for his picking a guy who has the
exact political qualities he lacks, completing his effectiveness as
president.  McCain may get "imaginative" credit for choosing Palin but
that's about it.

Oh yeah, and calling guys a "wimp" is a sexist term and we would
rather you didn't use it anymore.  It reduces a complex person down to
a stereotypical term of derision, playing on the myth projection that
men are the ones who should run into battle without feeling or
thinking things through, while thoughtful men are "wimps."  I think I
speak for all bearers of the penis on this.