--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "guyfawkes91" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm surprised that the start up of the LHC at CERN hasn't been
> mentioned on this forum. We should Google it and remind ourselves of
> things that can end up being really important.
>
> For the first time in a generation physicists will have new data to
> compare against new theories. Depending on what they do or don't find
> there, there might be an awful lot of Unified Field charts heading for
> the trash can. If Unified Field charts have to be trashed where does
> that leave MUM and the TMO? Will they be able to raise millions to
> keep themselves in crowns, gowns and live satellite shows if there's
> no Higgs Boson?
>
> Belief in the ME is tenuous enough as it is. People have to change
> their mantras to "I believe in the Maharishi Effect" just to keep
> their belief alive. The economy has tanked, hurricanes are doing their
> normal thing, this year has been the record for tornadoes and pretty
> close to a record on floods. India has flooding so bad  the river Kosi
> has changed course affecting millions. The War Party might win the
> presidency on the back of someone who has good hair, believes the
> world was created in seven days six thousand years ago and thinks that
> killing people is doing God's will.
>
> To cap it all Stephen Hawking has a $100 bet with someone that there
> isn't a Higgs. The TMO has taken a greater than $100 million dollar
> bet on there being both a Higgs and supersymmetry. There might be a
> lot of embarrassing explaining to do.
>
> Things could get interesting.

Don't think that the ME *requires* there to be a Higgs-Boson. Hagelin
may use his own interpretation of SuperString to explain what he believes
is evidence for the ME, but that his explanation might be unsupported doesn't
change the evidence... and even if there IS a higgs-bson (whatever "is"
means in this context), doesn't mean that the ME evidence is any good either.

BTW:

Well worth watching. 2.5 million hits in the past month.

Large Hadron Rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM

Lawson