On Sep 18, 2008, at 8:25 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Who Am I?

I am  42 years old
I love the outdoors,
I hunt,
I am a Republican reformer,
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
I have five children,
I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.
Did you guess?

I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900

I was going to say last night in my Palin post that what many Republicans want is a TR Republican, but really that was a different Repub party back then, part of the progressive movement. Heck TR was a great advocate of the environment, not raping mother earth for fun and profit. He also successfully tried antitrust suits against oil companies! Record amounts of land went into conservation, national forests and national parks. And he despised the illegal tactics used by large corps.

Today, it's almost the opposite: coal mining on national lands and oil drilling are common. Remember Enron? And oil companies now write our energy policies behind closed doors with Darth Cheney. Not the same party at all.