on 6/19/05 8:10 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> --- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>>> Of course, but why did the World Press give
>>> Maharishi such immunity?
>>> Aside from a report from the Beatles era, what press
>>> rumors of this
>>> surfaced in the last 50 years?
>>
>> None to the best of my knowledge. But it seems to have
>> occurred between people commited to the TMO and MMY,
>> not celebrities like Mia Farrow.
>
> But you DO hear such oddities about other gurus and their students or
> former students in the press. Almost never about MMY.

That is an interesting point. Maybe M was more discreet. Maybe M's women
were more reticent to go public, like Radha did with the Muktananda story
(http://www.leavingsiddhayoga.net/Radha_story.htm - She was a member here
for a while) or various women with Amrit Desai. It may also have something
to do with the way different organizations handle damage control. In any
event, Judith Bourke, who is currently living in Sweden, says she has
written a book which she plans to publish after M dies. Maybe the press will
find that interesting. Jennifer says she hasn't really told her story yet,
aside from relating some of it to Ned Wynn and his wife. We'll see what she
decides to do. Maybe the whole thing will die a quiet death, all sorts of
fanciful myths will be concocted, and 2,000 years from now some guy will
make a fortune writing a best seller claiming that M had progeny.