And I can tell you this with some certainty,
because two of them have been staying with
me the last couple of days, and will be
through the weekend. One is English, living
in Paris, and a noted speaker and presenter
at women's forums worldwide. The other is
French, from Chateauroux, and also works in
the field of empowering other women.

Before anyone does the FFL Two Step and starts
mouthing off about Turq's latest ménage à many,
both are just friends and they're staying with
me because I have a three-bedroom house and
they're avoiding 500 Euros or so in hotel costs
while attending a women's conference here in
Sitges.

http://www.winconference.net/

As a result, I been up to my crown chakra in
women and women's thinking for the last two days,
not only being with my friends and sitting and
talking with many of the other participants at
the conference, but be able to sit in on some
of the meetings as well.

And I'm here to tell you that real women don't
screech. Real women don't whine. Real women
don't hold onto losing positions once they have
proven themselves lost; they move on immediately
to the next-best winnable position. Real women
don't try to blame men for their problems. Real
women don't hide behind the excuse of misogyny.
Instead, they talk about what they want to
achieve, and help each other achieve it.

It's really neat to see, and to feel the vibe of.

And I hope it explains a little bit why I might
have seemed a tad...uh...excessive in my writings
about real feminism vs. faux feminism lately.

It's like I've been able to sit and watch and talk
with Vanessa Redgrave and Jane Fonda during the day
and much of the evening, but one hour a day (the
time I spend on Fairfield Life), I have to watch
their parts being played by third rate actors and
fourth-rate women.

I'm sorry, but the *contrast* between the women I'm
talking to and the two women talk talk talk talking
and demanding demanding demanding to be heard heard
heard and taken seriously seriously seriously is so
intense that I can sometimes not contain my outrage
that these two harpies dare call themselves women.