Rick Archer wrote:
> Billions for Bailouts! Who Pays?
>
> By Sen. Bernie Sanders

<snip>
> (4) We must end the danger posed by companies that are "too big too fail,"
> that is, companies whose failure would cause systemic harm to the U.S.
> economy. If a company is too big to fail, it is too big to exist. We need to
> determine which companies fall in this category and then break them up.
> Right now, for example, the Bank of America, the nation's largest depository
> institution, has absorbed Countrywide, the nation's largest mortgage lender,
> and Merrill Lynch, the nation's largest brokerage house. We should not be
> trying to solve the current financial crisis by creating even larger, more
> powerful institutions. Their failure could cause even more harm to the
> entire economy.
Absolutely.  We don't need one big corporation running the world but
that's where we're headed.  And what about the disparity in incomes.
The highest paid executives in this country earned 411 times what the
lowest paid earned.  That is ridiculous and nobody, I repeat nobody is
that good at running a company.  Those executives are con men that
conned the companies and stockholders into paying them that much.  In
Japan the highest paid is only 11 times what the lowest is paid.   We
have had a bunch of gangsters and bandits robbing the American middle
class and hiding behind the Chicago School of Economics to justify their
crimes to the public.  "Trickle down economics?"  It's more like the
rich peeing on us.

And if they steel our retirement accounts then I say steal their stuff.