> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@>
> wrote:

> > > There's an interview on No Quarter of Marc Rubin,
> > > the head of the Denver Group, concerning the
> > > election, in which Rubin--and the interviewer, in
> > > the introduction--do a good job of explaining the
> > > rationale for not supporting Obama. Their language
> > > is a little stronger than I would use, but
> > > otherwise I subscribe to their points.
> > >
> > > If anybody is puzzled by the position I've taken
> > > and wants a clearer explanation than I've been
> > > able to give, this is a good start. One thing it
> > > does not do is go into detail as to the case against
> > > Obama as a candidate, given that the readership of
> > > No Quarter is already very clear on why they're
> > > against him. But it does explain the concept of
> > > getting rid of the Democratic leadership and why
> > > this is perceived to be necessary:
> > >
> > > http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/21/holding-the-dnc%e2%80%99s-
> > > feet-to-the-fire-an-interview-with-marc-rubin-of-the-denver-group/
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/3nxxup
> > >
> > "...Sen. Hillary Clinton was right when she said she would bring a
> > lifetime of experience to the White House, Sen. McCain would bring a
> > lifetime of experience to the White House, and Sen. Obama would
> bring
> > a speech...I want a president with character. I don't want a
> president
> > who has to hold repeated press conferences to apologize for and
> > explain his lack of judgment in his personal, business, and
> religious
> > associations; and I don't want a president who spent 143 days in the
> > Senate before he decided he was experienced enough to lead this
> > country...So, let's stand up together, work together, and fight
> > together, regardless of political party, and let's elect Sen. John
> > McCain as the next President of the United States." Read more:
> > http://tinyurl.com/4rcokq
>
> Yeah, that ain't me, babe. I don't like McCain any
> better than Obama. I'm casting a protest vote for
> Cynthia McKinney.

Agreed, I don't them like either. I've also considered McKinney.
However, in Iowa a write in vote for Hillary, or a vote for a
candidate with no chance of winning, amounts to a vote for Obama. If a
vote for McCain can help blue Iowa turn red, I would happily put that
well deserved nail in the coffin of the DNC.