Don't know why, Bhairitu, but the last time I was called for possible jury
duty was over six years ago. It happened to be on my 25th anniversary of
becoming a sidha, which was not how I wanted to spend that anniversary, but
lets me remember the exact day as August 14, 2002. I hope the next six years
are as hassle-free. I had to drive to Lowell, too, when called, and find
parking, which meant about an hour trip and I had to do that at least twice.
Before that, they were kind enough to notify me ahead of time I did not have to
report.

A lawyer who was part of the Cambridge TM center told me years ago all I had to
do to get out of jury duty was tell them I did TM. :)

Maybe that works in serious cases or in other states or just on TV, but my last
trip got me all the way to the courtroom, where someone asked all the potential
jurors all at once if any of us had a reason to be excused. On TV, you see each
potential being grilled by the defense and prosecution, but that did not happen
in this case.

I suppose I could have lept up and said "I do TM and I'm a yogic flyer!"

"Love will swallow you, eat you up completely until there is no `you,' only
love."

- Amma